Title: Old Souls
Author: P.A. Lupton
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Self published
Release Date: February 19, 2013
Source: Self Purchased
Overall Rating: 5 Bad Boys – Absolutely Loved It!
Sometimes we choose love, but sometimes, fate chooses for us.
Alyssa has started a new job, and from day one, she’s been haunted by dreams of a man she’s never met but can’t seem to forget. Then Alyssa meets her boss and her world comes to a grinding halt. It’s him. But as impossible as that is, things are about to get even stranger.
Mark is a man with secrets. Plagued by guilt and regret, he has spent countless years simply existing. They say you don’t know what you have until it’s gone, and no one knows that better than him. He’s lost a piece of himself he thought he could never get back. Until the day he met Alyssa for the first time…again.
When unexplainable events occur, the two learn that some actions have consequences so severe that even a powerful love may not overcome them.
Good gods I hope this is the start of another Paranormal Romance series for this author. I am so hooked! As I was reading and loving how the plot was unraveling, I marveled at how this novella has some serious potential for a long-running series. This tale is just too original and intriguing for one novella. And the author brilliantly wrote it so that we feel satisfied with the ending…yet deeply crave more.
For me, this novella is gold for many reasons…
- First, I love novellas and short stories anyway. I like to read a full story in one sitting to truly appreciate its beauty, and life just won’t allow the time to read a full-length novel in one sitting.
- Second, its Paranormal Romance...my favorite genre.
- Third, it has wonderful characters that I fell deeply in love with. This author writes her heroines strong, smart and sassy and Alyssa is all that and more. The hero is definitely an alpha male, however not overbearingly so. I get really annoyed at pushy alpha males but Mark is very supportive of his lady and he shows vulnerability at times. So a very nice balance to his character. I am seriously curious about the background of a couple of the secondary characters introduced as well…like Michael, the sexy bad boy. He has a great story just waiting to be told. I know it!
- Fourth, the world building was unique, well thought out and expertly delivered. Hence, my wish that we will see more.
- Fifth, the sex scenes…Mmmm. I have to include a few lines of this part that just plain did it for me and had my own pulse racing and wishing my Man were near…“Reaching with his palm, he cupped my already aching sex, his fingers sliding softly through the wet folds. Stop teasing me. Lightly, he continued to rub his hand in circles as he whispered, “Teasing suggests I’d arouse without affording satisfaction.” His hot breath wafted along the outer shell of my ear, causing goose bumps to rise on the sensitive skin of my neck below. “I have every intention of leaving you fully satisfied. And that’s a promise.” Totally HOT!
- And finally, parts of the story made me cry a little. I love a book that makes me teary-eyed and evokes emotion. Not heart wrenching sadness (those books depress me) but I like it when they make me truly empathize with what the character is going through.
If you are a PNR fan, I’d highly recommend this novella so you can join me in my stalking of this author to “encourage” her to write more about Alyssa and Mark.
This author has a very generous contest running until June 20th…You can win a Kindle Paperwhite for reviewing this novel. Check out the details on her website!
5 Bad Boys – Absolutely Loved It!
Buy Now: Amazon